The importance of Training and Development in the Workplace
Training presents a prime opportunity to expand the knowledge base of all employees, but many employers in the current climate find development opportunities expensive. Employees attending training sessions also miss out on work time which may delay the completion of projects. However despite these potential drawbacks, training and development provides both the individual and organizations as a whole with benefits that make the cost and time a worthwhile investment. The return on investment from training and development of employees is really a no brainer.
Benefits of Training and Development
- Improved employee performance
- Improved employee satisfaction and morale
- Addressing weaknesses
- Increased productivity and adherence to quality standards
- Increased innovation in new strategies and products
- Reduced employee turnover
- Enhances company reputation and profile
The importance of training your employees – both new and experienced – really cannot be overemphasized.