Revit 2022 New Features for MEP
We have shared the new features which are beneficial to Architects and Structural Engineers. Now, we would like to share the new features in Revit 2022 which are beneficial for M&E Engineers!
These are some useful features identified by the BIM professionals in the industry.
- Project Parameters in Circuit Naming Schemes: Revit 2022 now allows MEP users to include the Electrical Circuits category within Circuit Naming Schemes via the newly implemented Project Parameters for Circuit Naming Schemes.
- Set Points for Systems Analysis Use ASHRAE Values: Use values from ASHRAE 90.1 Code Compliance to set points for their System Analysis.
- Default Path for Energy Reports: Specify a Default Folder for Energy Analysis Reports.
- Show Annotations in Nested Families: Set a Child Family Shared Parameter to Yes so that a family with a nested generic annotation will present as the Annotation Symbol in Plan views when hosted on vertical elements.
- Auto-shading in Panel Schedules: Auto Shading within panel schedules for Circuit Table panes. Note that upgraded Revit models will have the auto-shading option turned off as a default to avoid any changes to the model information which has been upgraded.
- Use Rooms or Spaces for Systems Analysis: Select use rooms or spaces modes from the energy settings dialogue when creating the energy analytical models. It is worth noting that many energy settings have been relocated from the general exports to gbXML menu to the advanced energy settings dialogue advanced section.
- Heat Capacity per Area: MEP users to specify the thermal mass per area for various elements, including but not limited to analytical surfaces, roofs, floors, pads, walls and ceilings.
- Maintain Annotation Orientation Added to Additional Categories: Improved the Maintain Annotation Orientation Family Parameter which allows more categories to show the annotation symbol across various views. This includes generic models, lighting fixtures, mechanical equipment, plumbing fixtures, electrical equipment and specialty equipment alike.
- Systems Analysis Loads Report: New loads report containing far more detailed information relating to psychometrics for the sizing of mechanical systems as well as related loads which are derived from the full systems analysis and HVAC system loads and sizing work flows.
- *Biggest improvement* MEP Fabrication: MEP fabrication workflows.
- Equipment mapping support branch offsets and justification have all been optimized.
- Autofill connections are generated by dragging end connectors on Straights in a fabrication layout irrespective of duct or system size.
In the MEP fabrication parts palette groups have now been renamed to Palette.
- The Performance of Configuration Reloading has improved significantly.
- Unlike previous Revit versions the length values are retained on modelled instances that were overridden when a configuration is Reloaded.
- Specification tables assigned to any material have a lower priority to specification tables assigned to a specific material.