New Course Listing: Autodesk AutoCAD 3D
What is 3D CAD software
3D CAD, or three-dimensional computer-aided design, is a technology for design and technical documentation, which replaces manual drafting with an automated process. Used by architects, engineers, and other professionals, 3D CAD software precisely represents and visualizes objects using a collection of points in three dimensions on the computer. Autodesk has a broad portfolio of 3D CAD software programs to help people explore and share ideas, visualize concepts, and simulate how designs will perform before they are made.
What is AutoCAD?
AutoCAD® is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
AutoCAD 3D features
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling: Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel): Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles: Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes: Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Rendering: Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- Cloud rendering: Render 3D models online without consuming processing power or disk space on your local computer.
- Point clouds: Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to use as a starting point for your designs.
Model documentation: Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
View course information: Click here